Code of Conduct at the lookout
Be responsible and enjoy the view!
Mađerkin Breg is one of the most interesting and visited tourist attractions in Štrigova! We wish to treat you personally with due respect, regardless of our possible differences based on your origin (in terms of language, culture, nationality, skin color, religion, customs...)!
Upon purchasing a ticket to the observation deck, every visitor vouches that they are familiar with the posted warnings and Code of Conduct at the observation deck, as well as with the house rules of the facility. The Code of Conduct ensures that all visitors to the viewpoint feel comfortable and safe! Please comply with the Code of Conduct during your stay at the lookout, as follows.
Right of access to the lookout
For security reasons, the right of access to the observation deck is granted only to adults and minors accompanied by an adult. The adult person has to declare at the reception of the lookout that he or she is a family member of the minor, guardian or a leader of a group of minors. The employee at the cycling information center can decide how many people can enter accompanied by a single adult in accordance with the security assessment. Minors are not allowed to enter the observation deck, unless accompanied by an adult responsible for their actions before the law!
1. It is dangerous and strictly forbidden to run on the terrace, climb the fence and/or handrail of the terrace, or push other visitors during their stay at the observation deck and/or taking photos!
2. Personal items such as purses, backpacks, umbrellas, plastic bottles, packaging of any kind and all other items cannot be left on the fence, handrail, etc., under any circumstances and under any justification, even temporarily. It is forbidden to bring glass packaging to the viewpoint! Accordingly, visitors have to keep their mobile phones, cameras and binoculars on a lanyard around their wrist or neck.
3. Due to a fire hazard, ashes and cigarette butts have to be disposed of into the designated trash can/ashtray located on the terrace of the cycling information center. Smoking is strictly prohibited on the observation deck!
4. Visitors must not leave personal items without supervision and outside their line of vision under any circumstances!
5. It is allowed to bring dogs to the scenic viewpoint, but only on a leash. Please make sure they do not endanger the safety of other visitors in any way.
6. Vending machines offering hot and cold drinks are available on the ground floor of the observation deck. Since they are powered by electricity, it is necessary to handle them carefully and responsibly.
Children and minors
It is irresponsible and very dangerous in terms of safety to leave children under the age of 10 unsupervised while staying, walking and/or running on the observation deck. Parents and/or guardians of children under the age of 10 have to ensure that the child does not have anything in his or her hands during their stay on the observation deck. Children under the age of 10 cannot go to the observation deck without the presence of their parents or a guardian. Parents and/or adults accompanying children and minors are responsible for their behavior and have material and criminal liability in the event of damage caused to the inventory and operations of the lookout, as well as to third parties and their property.
1. The person who caused damage to the lookout and/or third parties, including property, is financially and criminally liable for nor complying with the safety guidelines, regardless of whether the damage was committed inadvertently, by accident, without direct intent or with intent.
2. The offender is held accountable for financial losses of the lookout which result from temporary non-operation or prohibition of operation of the lookout, as a direct consequence of the damage incurred due to the offender’s carelessness and/or irresponsibility.
3. The lookout is not responsible for lost items, missing or stolen things, nor for a visitor’s personal damage or the damage he or she causes to the lookout, the staff and/or third parties. The visitor is solely responsible for such damage!
Visitors who do not comply with or in any way violate the "Safety Guidelines" will be fined HRK 2,000.00 (two thousand kuna) by the staff at the lookout and will be removed from the premises. In the event of a gross violation of the Code of Conduct or repeated violations of the Code of Conduct after being previously admonished by the staff, such a visitor will be regarded as acting with direct intent. Therefore, the staff will call a security guard who has the legal authority to detain the visitor until the arrival of the police.